Monday, September 08, 2008

All Boyish QP Freebie - and a few layouts!

This morning was an interesting morning. First, after a long weekend with a few sick kids, I woke up with a few more sick kids. High fevers, chills the whole 9 yards! Augh. So instead of running around taking kids to school I stayed home and blog hopped and read e-mails after getting them all settled down. Unfortunately, I think I am coming down with the same thing! Bummer.

Well, while I was blog hopping I had to go to my favorite of all favorite scrapping blogs: DigiTreats. I am sure everyone knows that one right? Well, anyhow I was reading her past few posts because I have been bad and not as consistant on my stalking of the blog. She asked if those from the United States were Republicans or Democrats. She is Canadian so she was just being curious. Anyhow, I sat there and read all the responses and it was quite interesting.

Then, I started reading my e-mails and a lady I know from one of the yahoo groups I am in with was telling us about a student of hers that was just killed in a car accident. That brought me to tears because it made me start thinking of some close friends I lost at the age of 15. It was so tramatic for me I can just imagine the friends of these girls and what they are going through. Very difficult times indeed. My prayers are with you all.

So, since I am not feeling very well I thought I would just sit here on the computer so I don't have to move very much. And I got a few things done. I uploaded some layouts to some more galleries and did some more site and blog hopping. Here are the pages I was just getting up:

This first layout I did is of my son Jonny when he was like 4 I think. He just loved plastic baseball bats and loved to play with them. Even in the water. LOL! Silly boy!



Play Ball by Scrappin Brat
font: Signboard


Here's another baseball layout. This is of a friend of ours' son playing baseball in our backyard for a birthday party.

Play Ball by Scrappin Brat
font: Signboard

These are some pictures that I took of the family getting together with their cousins. They had so much fun! I am glad they could spend some time with them.



Summertime Picnic by Ellen Massey
font: Hamilton

Now these next two are of a friends' sons birthday party a few years back. He had an animal guy come and share some of his animals with us. It was quite interesting. Something I am not going to forget ever.


Go Wild Complete Kit by Cen's Stuff
template: Multi Photos 2 Layered Templates by Dea Spina
fonts: Snake Venom, Signboard
Go Wild Complete Kit by Cen's Stuff
fonts: Signboard


This was done with the challenge for September in mind over at SDK. I really like this quote. This is how I preceived this quote. These are my children and one of my sister's children.

Mixed Medley Papers Volume 1 by Cen's Stuff
font: Harrington , Edwardian Script ITC

Well, just as simple as the title-What do you do in the summertime is a song we sing in church. I thought I would do a page about what we do. We play in the pool and get hair cuts. That is basically what our last summer consisted of.


Summer Days by ScrappinBrat
font: LD Chubby, LD Cute Curls

This is my sister, her daughter, and me. Her daughter looks just like me at that age. Sometimes it can be weird. I think there is a family resemblance there somewhere?

Summer Days by ScrappinBrat
font: Hamilton

And..... Last but not least this is a layout I just finished using Kim Smith's Always Boyish Addon. I know it is very boyish but you know what there are some other women out there that have boys too. LOL! So this is for all those boys' moms out there.

I have made this page into a QP for everyone. Just click HERE to get the QP below. I hope you like it.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Michele said...

Thanks for the QP, I am always happy to find something boyish. I can relate to the sick kids, I have been dealing with it for almost 3 weeks now, once one is better a few days later another one gets it and I just had it for the past 5 days. Good luck!
Thanks again,
Michele
photonut@verizon.net

A bit about me

I am a stay at home mother of 7 boys that keep me busy all day, but I love to create in many different ways when I have a few minutes to myself. Since my youngest is finally in the double digits, I am able to have a little more time to myself to create. I love crafting in any way, shape, or form and I would like to share that with you. I also enjoy cooking, baking, and gardening which I hope to share with you too.

Blogs I like to frequent

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Blog Archive

counter